94 gt conv......................

mystic 96

Oct 16, 2008
ORL FLA
can you install 24lb injectors and the 95 cobra ecm w/no prob..i know the 94-95 5.0l already have 70mm mass...just didnt want to do the swap if the mass had to b sent off for cal.....thanks...............love my mystic svt,,,,

• Sponsors (?)

The ECM is a direct swap, same wiring harness. The MAF is actually calibrated for 19lb injectors, but the Cobra computer compensates for it in the computer. Also be aware that the Cobra cylinder heads are also different from the GT heads, and of course the intake is different too. The Cobra computer won't be the best fit for a GT engine with just 24lb injectors. The Cobra tune runs a bit rich from the factory.

Hi
Does anyone have the Ford Id # for the 1995 Cobra ECC -5.0 5 Speed non Cal., I would like to purchase one and install it in my GT. I have put the 24lb injectors in the car and the car runs very well (always ran very lean had to retard timing to <8 degrees to stop from pinging now @ 14. My issue is the engine is too rich at start up especially when hot. My current configuration '95 GT convertible -GT40 intake, Ford Shorty headers, Flow Masters, in fender cold air, BBK 65mm throttle body, stock MAS. Plans are to change heads this winter. I understand that the Cobra computer is a little rich I am guessing that is running down the road, would a hotter plug help that situation.
Wayne