94 GT Convertible - Door buttons dont work.

jmadams

Jun 7, 2010
The only button that works is the driver side unlock button for the power locks. All other buttons on the driver and passenger side do not work.

Looking at a fuse diagram there are different fuses for the power windows and the power locks. I replaced both just to be sure. No change. I try to listen closely as I hold down a switch button to hear if the power window motor is attempting to move, but it does not make a sound. I don't think power is getting to them. Would be odd for all 4 motors to have died at the same time.

Possibly the power window unlock/lock button is broken and stuck in a locked state. This might explain why no window buttons work at all, even the passenger side ones. Though it doesnt explain why the lock button doesnt work.

For the power locks I tried swapping the driver side and passenger side unlock/lock buttons and the same thing happens. Only the unlock action works. The passenger side lock/lunlock button doesnt work at all. It neither locks or unlocks.

I have a window button panel coming from ebay by Friday, maybe that will fix the windows. If it doesnt what would be my next steps? I know for certain though its not going to fix the locks for sure. Any suggestions either either?

• Sponsors (?)