94 GT crank no start

mikenstang

May 12, 2003
CT
My stang left me stranded for the fiist time ever in 13 years...
I was just driving in second gear and it just dead quit. no stumble no warning just dead. After about 10 minutes it started and took me about a block then died again. Then it started and it died in about 30 sec. Never started again.

There is no spark. And I believe no injector squirts because I have been cranking it and I cant' smell gas.

I tested the coil it tested good. I have 12v at the coil.
I swapped the ignition with a new one no change.
I checked power and ground at the EEC and the 5v ref for short to ground or open it is OK and it read 5V with the key on.

I had just installed 2 new tunes with the TwEECer and they were fine for about 30 minutes of driving. I pulled the Tweecer off and same thing no start.

Is there a way to tell if the computer is fried? I checked it for codes and I get a 10 and 111 which is OK.
Any ideas??

• Sponsors (?)

My first guess would be the PIP in the distributor or corrosion under the distributor cap. If you see fine metal shavings in the bottom of the distributor, your PIP is likely gone.

Thanks Guys!!
That was it.. I threw in a new PIP sensor (and a cap n' rotor since I was there) And it fires right up!

It is amazing how it never gave me any warning at all.. No signs of misfires or stumbles it just quit... Oh well live n' learn
Thanks again