94 GT cutting out

Okay so my 94 GT has a 95 cobra intake with 24lb injectors and MAF, brand new distributor, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, a cold air and a SCT chip tuned by Brenspeed. now before i had problems with it running, which i found out was the hypertech chip not getting a good connection, so i bought the SCT chip. now at about 5000 rpms it cuts out, the best way i can describe it as its missing on one or two cylinders. the plugs have been replaced about a year and a half ago, they prolly have about 10k miles on them. i was thinking maybe my fuel filter is clogged and it runs out of fuel at high rpms, what do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

Don't know too much about your mods, but it sounds like it's blowing out the spark. Try running a tigher gap on the plugs. I've had that exact symptom from too much gap.

Kurt

I noticed you haven't mentioned replacing the coil. A new coil is 15 bucks and I had your exact symptoms once and it turned out to be a coil. I used parts off my brother's car until I pinpointed it! (all the while he stood by and watched me yank parts off his motor! lol) So try a coil, it's cheap and if it doesn't fix it you can either keep it on there or return it.

i did replace the coil, i thought that was my not running problem from before. all the info on my car does not say the ignition has ever been replaced. the guy that owned it before me kept everything, and i mean EVERYTHING, so now im gonna look into the ignition and see where that gets me. however last night at about 12AM and about 40 degrees it ran great, no sputter or anything (once fully warmed up)