94 GT needs headers thinking ----

03REDFIRE

Apr 3, 2004
LOST
I was told/advised by the mech that works on my car I should get a set of Ford racing stainless shorties for my GT I found them for sale for 239$ should I buy these or go with long tubes? Right now i have magnapack cat back and I plan on getting High flow cats so before I can shop for cats I really need to decide on headers .

I want loud F-Da_police :rolleyes: any surrggestions out there?

My 2003 has BBK LT's HiFlow cats and Magnapacks IMHO it roars thats what I want my little 5.0 to sound like or better any ideas?

BTW i was advised stainless because car is a DD and parks outside

• Sponsors (?)

i picked up a set of mac unequals used brand new in box with the HTS coating (getting them ceramic coated later) for $75 canadian. they were for a fox but there the same if you dont run EGR.

if i were you i would get longtubes.

i got shorties because i'm going to flip them around for a undisclosed reason :)

03REDFIRE said:
My 2003 has BBK LT's HiFlow cats and Magnapacks IMHO it roars thats what I want my little 5.0 to sound like or better any ideas?
"Little" 5.0? :)

In my experience LT's tend to be slightly mellower, but deeper. Shorties have much more tendency to drone, and that right there is the biggest reason I can think of for doing LT's. If you want loud, go catless. But be prepared for fumes. And you could do glasspacks on the 5.0 as well, though IMO that works better on a 4.6L than a 5.0L. When fully modified, my '95 with H/C/I (and the cam was lopey ;)), longtubes, catless X-pipe, and Magnaflow mufflers, sounded absolutely wicked. As an aside, you might also consider upping the power on the engine -- better heads make more noise, as does anything else that increases airflow :D.

Dave

Long tubes all the way. They are a pain to install but well worth it. Make sure you get ceramic coated headers. The HTS, stainless don't compare.

headers.jpg

Attachments

• headers.jpg
    headers.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 64
If you go with more mods in the future than go with the LT now and it will save you money in the long run. If it is noise you want than going catless will give you more noise than any header alone.

1994Vib.RedGT said:
from what I understand, on a mild H/C/I car, LTs have quite a bot more power compared to using shorties, thats why I want to switch to LTs on mine.
Not really. Unless the shorties are undersized. They do change the sound a bit, though. And it makes swapping H-pipes much easier :).

Dave