94 gt powerdyne supercharger on a 91 lx

a friend of mine is selling me his powerdyne supercharger for fairly cheap, being from a 94 are the brackets/acc different than a 91? i tried to look it up but havnt had much luck. Does anyone know if it would be a direct bolt on or do i have to find a bracket for my 91?

• Sponsors (?)

a friend of mine is selling me his powerdyne supercharger for fairly cheap, being from a 94 are the brackets/acc different than a 91? i tried to look it up but havnt had much luck. Does anyone know if it would be a direct bolt on or do i have to find a bracket for my 91?
The timing chain covers are different & I believe the water pump is also.(for he 94/95 engines).I think the acc drive is mounted in a lower position to clear the hoodline,hope this helps.

Before you buy do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions about that supercharger. Personally I want one for my 95 because it was 'factory approved' and all. But they were bad superchargers and poorly made. They make rebuild parts for them though which can make them very efficient.

If he's selling it cheap enough all original go for it, if it's rebuilt, go for it. and so on.

Just leave it be.
The are prone to breaking, even after being rebuilt.
Not worth the trouble to convert it to work on a fox.
In fact if you had a 94/95, i'd still tell you not to use it.

Whats he asking for it?

the rebuild company that most people used with success is 928 motorsport by the way. They've got a website and all.
With these superchargers they're self oiled and the belts often go out, though sometimes the impellers also come apart I believe.

Thanks for all the input, it has about 15k mi on it and he said he would sell it to me for 800 so i figured it was a good deal, but yea it be alot of work to convert it over. Ill just save up a little more and get one made for a fox. Thanks all