94 gtho engine and harness into fox

baileygruwell

May 22, 2019
Indiana
i’ve got a 94 gt parts car and my 88 fox needs an engine however it’s a factory 4cyl car. i was curious if the harness, computer, and engine, would be able to be swapped into my fox. i know the engine will work but not sure about the wiring and a couple accessories on the engine, MAF in particular. i couldn’t find a thread with this topic so i apologize if it has been answered already. any help is appreciated i really want to get my fox back on the road

• Sponsors (?)

The best thing to do would be to source a 1988 5.0 engine harness and computer. That harness will plug onto the 94 engine and play nice with the 1988 dash harness...literally plug and play.

It could be from a 88 or 89

i’ve just found an a9l and a big box of spare wiring harnesses in my storage locker. will be going through it today. if i can’t find a harness i’m guessing the 94 harness won’t play nicely with the a9l computer

okay i’ve found a 1990 engine harness and a 1990 body harness. i also have a 1990 gauge cluster. along with my a9l computer. i’m thinking of using both of those and removing my factory body and engine harness from my fox along with the 90 cluster . one thing i couldn’t find is a 90 fuse panel. not sure if the 94 one will work

okay i’ve found a 1990 engine harness and a 1990 body harness. i also have a 1990 gauge cluster. along with my a9l computer. i’m thinking of using both of those and removing my factory body and engine harness from my fox along with the 90 cluster . one thing i couldn’t find is a 90 fuse panel. not sure if the 94 one will work
Existing fuse panel will work