94 mustang gt reverse lights dont work

armyeodking

Jan 16, 2010
so first time ive ever posted a question- i just got a 94 gt 5.0 5-spd last week and am trying to get it ready for inspection- i noticed the reverse lights dont come on- ive tested the bulbs and they are fine the rest of the tail lights work just fine- was gonna switch out the bulb with the brake light but go figure they arent the same size- all fuses are good- i dont know where else to look- thanks to anyone who can help

• Sponsors (?)

The reverse light sensor on the transmission. Driver's side of the tranny, look for a little black plug. If you run a search on here or on Google, you'll find pictures. That plug is either loose or disconnected. Pop it back in, and you're set. :nice:

Assuming the fuse (fuse 1) is good, I'm with Jeff. One wire at the reverse light plug should show key-on 12 volts. The other wire will only show 12V while in reverse.

Resitance testing of the disconnected switch: Your switch will be open till you put it in reverse, where the resistance drops to near zero.

Good luck.

Yup, and years of road grime can take it's toll on the connectors since they're aren't sealed off from the elements.

Usually, just jumping under there and wiggling it around will bring the lights back up.