94 Mustang With 3.8l Wiring Trouble

DireWolf119

Jul 3, 2016
  • Hello. I have an electrical problem with my 94 mustang with a 3.8L v6. I bought it used from a private owner. It ran well untill the battery starter draining over night. I made a mistake by trying an old school trick, of disconnecting the negative cable from the battery, to check the altenator while the engine was running. I lost power to the fuel pump as a result. Also, the overhead lights, the power door locks, etc. Starter would turn over, but no power to the fuel pump. I have replaced fuel pump with a new one since, as well as a NEW CCRM, a new altenator, and a new power cord from the under hood fuse panel to the altenator. I have done some tests with ohmmeter, but I an not an electrician. Going by a HAYNES mamuak . Also noted insulation on altenator pigtail. connector wires were bare, AND tested for continuity on them rewrapped them with electrical tape, etc. I have tested ALL MAXI, and small fuses under hood. There are two 20 amp MAXI fuses under good. One goes to the EEC circuit, the other, to the fuel pump itself. THE fuel pump 20 Amp fuse has not blown one time, but evertime I try to turn the engine OVER, the MAXI fuse to the EEC circuit blows out instantly! I have been through about ten of them! I need to get my car running again, and it has been very costly. Need help HERE! Anyone having electrical experience on these problems please advise! It would be very appreciated, as I am out of ideas, and funds!

• Sponsors (?)

I'd double-check that CCRM to make sure it matches exactly with the one that was removed. If there's a different pinout it could cause the fuse to blow. Things aren't sounding too good, but I disagree that the computer is roached if it doesn't read out, with a blown ECM fuse it's not going to give you codes. It still might be baked, but that's not a definitive test in this case. It sounds like you might need to become an electrician to sort this out, or find someone who is.