94 stang-drivers rear brake line--need help :)

liguy2005

Oct 3, 2009
Hiya--i have a 94 stang gt and the drivers rear side steel brake line is rotted and has a hole and is shooting out brake fluid--i cant find a prebent brake line anywhere so i found a friend who will do it but i have to buy a straight line and he will bend it---does anyone know the size of the fittings i need on the brake line? or does anyone know where i could find a prebent line?

• Sponsors (?)

i just replaced both rear lines and bent them myself, you need some 3/16-24 lines (i used the 30" long ones) and 3/16 to 1/4 adapter. Its pretty easy/straight forward once you start. Just take your time with the bends

thanks urban---how hard was it to change--cause i went under my car and i couldnt even see where the brake line connected to the t-adapter above the rear---did you have you car on jack stands?

i just replaced both rear lines and bent them myself, you need some 3/16-24 lines (i used the 30" long ones) and 3/16 to 1/4 adapter. Its pretty easy/straight forward once you start. Just take your time with the bends

I did the exact same thing. Advance sells the adapters you need. You can bend 3/16" brake line with your hand. Just blow through it afterwards to make sure it's working.

Kurt

Best thing is if you can take it off and take it to the parts store with you. Then you know you have the right stuff. Don't forget a double flare tool if you do not already have access to one... And bleeding will be a PITA...

I know I went through this exact thing on my truck this week.... Busted line, bad brakes in the back, and a busted bleeder... all told $110 (including the tools) and about 12 hours of work but it is nice to have it back on the road...

Best thing is if you can take it off and take it to the parts store with you. Then you know you have the right stuff. Don't forget a double flare tool if you do not already have access to one... And bleeding will be a PITA...

I know I went through this exact thing on my truck this week.... Busted line, bad brakes in the back, and a busted bleeder... all told $110 (including the tools) and about 12 hours of work but it is nice to have it back on the road...

There's the russell speed brake bleeders that help bleeding...

Bleeding is going to be about the same. There isn't much volume in those lines. And you don't need a double flare tool, just buy one of those pre-flared lines that is about the right length.

Kurt