94 Turbo Mustang missfires or cutoff at 4800 after install AEM

94TurbostangKSA

Jul 19, 2008
After installing AEM with basic tunning car runs fine with 5 bar aem map sensor(mafless) when i took the car to the dyno rpm does not exceedes 4800 it seems it hits a rev limiter or cutoff.

I tried to lower the dwell factor from 35 to 30 then to 27 the car revs better but still there is a cut around 4800 to 5200, i also tried to play with dwell vs rpm table and dwell vs volt at the point which has the problem but no sucess.

The car has the stock distributer + msd 2F coil and msd 6a ignition box i tried to disconnect the msd and also tried another coil from crane and made the adjustments but the problem is still there.

The car has 347 stroker, Spyder intake + 90mm TB, edelbrock victor jr heads, custom bennett cam+1.7 RRA, T76 precission unit, pro turbo kits, AEM, TKO 600, 65lb injectors, dual fuel pump + fuel lines.

The boost level now at 13psi, the car did not has this problem before the AEM it just appears after i installed it.

I tried to look the timing by removing the spout, first run with little cut and second run it revs OK, but the third run the problem came back (when i removed the spout all the dwell settings remain unchanged from the best run before removing the spout).

Any ideas or help!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crying:

• Sponsors (?)

After installing AEM with basic tunning car runs fine with 5 bar aem map sensor(mafless) when i took the car to the dyno rpm does not exceedes 4800 it seems it hits a rev limiter or cutoff.

I tried to lower the dwell factor from 35 to 30 then to 27 the car revs better but still there is a cut around 4800 to 5200, i also tried to play with dwell vs rpm table and dwell vs volt at the point which has the problem but no sucess.

The car has the stock distributer + msd 2F coil and msd 6a ignition box i tried to disconnect the msd and also tried another coil from crane and made the adjustments but the problem is still there.

The car has 347 stroker, Spyder intake + 90mm TB, edelbrock victor jr heads, custom bennett cam+1.7 RRA, T76 precission unit, pro turbo kits, AEM, TKO 600, 65lb injectors, dual fuel pump + fuel lines.

The boost level now at 13psi, the car did not has this problem before the AEM it just appears after i installed it.

I tried to look the timing by removing the spout, first run with little cut and second run it revs OK, but the third run the problem came back (when i removed the spout all the dwell settings remain unchanged from the best run before removing the spout).

Any ideas or help!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crying:

Also experiencing the same problem. Mine seems to hit a rev limiter at 5300 and I and the tuner can't find anything that's triggering the event. A call to AEM tech didn't shed any light on the problem. Rev limiter fuel cut and ignition cut is set at 7500. Fuel cut load set at 205.99 kPa. I have an AODE if that is important.

Today i removed the spout and set the dwell factor to 35, timing set at 22 degree the problem SOLVED. but in this case the timing is locked to what i set manually.

If i put the spout back the problem came again. and i am planning to use AEM ignition map for max accuracy instead of decreasing the timing at the max torque point.

Thought about spark blowout?

Wes

On all 8 cylinders? I'll check on the gap but the plugs are new and installed just 2 weeks ago.

It behaves just as you would expect a rev limiter to. The engine just dies as if the spark was killed. No missing and sputtering. On the dyno sheets my HP is still climbing when it shuts down.