94 V6 3.8l Odb Codes

bartholomew

Aug 1, 2014
I ran my car through an OBDII sensor and it returned with P0141, p0161, p0340, p1151.
I removed the IAC real quick before work and it didn't look great some I am going to try and clean the TB, IAC, and MAF.

I also don't remember the last time the O2 sensors were replaced so I am probably going to do that as well.

Any ideas on how I can get this car into shape? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I ran my car through an OBDII sensor and it returned with P0141, p0161, p0340, p1151.
I removed the IAC real quick before work and it didn't look great some I am going to try and clean the TB, IAC, and MAF.

I also don't remember the last time the O2 sensors were replaced so I am probably going to do that as well.

Any ideas on how I can get this car into shape? Thanks.

I assume you have owned the car for some time based on the O2 reference. When was the last time you did a basic tune-up and what exactly did you replace? Have you ever removed and cleaned the battery to engine and engine to chassis grounds? Solid grounds are critical for proper sensor functions.

I just cleaned the TB, IAC. I haven't had a chance to clean the MAF since I don't have a security Torx to remove it. I don't remember the last time I had a tuneup, but it hasn't been that long. I have never cleaned the battery to engine, or engine to chassis grounds only the battery itself.

Last edited:
Okay, clear the codes first to ensure they are current and not something that is ancient history. The A/C clutch not coming on is most often a failed cycling switch on the drier. Jump that connection and if the clutch engages the switch needs to be replaced. It can safely be removed as it sits on a schrader valve.

Just cleared them and I am still getting the same codes. I tried jumping the switch (@ the cable) and it didn't do anything to the clutch. Should I replace both the cable and/or switch?

Test for power at both the switch and the a/c and go from there. Have you cleaned the MAF sensor element yet? Use only MAF, electrical contact or non-chlorinated brake cleaner.