Progress Thread 95 2-Top Cobra Build Thread- Never ending

• Sponsors (?)

Did you disconnect the two big connectors behind the intake? One is black, one is white. Maybe they didn’t get pushed back together all the way?
The coil wasn’t plugged in. After I did that the car didn’t stay running. Big vacuum leak. The hose running to the passenger side from under the manifold got caught between the upper and lower and was severed. After a run to the parts store with a new hose, I was able to dissemble and reassemble in a mere 20 minutes. Car started up and ran real healthy. Will post pics soon

Reactions: 2 users
Also the pcv was replaced last night and the filter cleaned out, it was pretty clogged with oil. Curious to see if that changes little gremlin issues I have.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you disconnect the two big connectors behind the intake? One is black, one is white. Maybe they didn’t get pushed back together all the way?
Sn’s don’t have the salt and pepper connectors ;)
The coil wasn’t plugged in. After I did that the car didn’t stay running. Big vacuum leak. The hose running to the passenger side from under the manifold got caught between the upper and lower and was severed. After a run to the parts store with a new hose, I was able to dissemble and reassemble in a mere 20 minutes. Car started up and ran real healthy. Will post pics soon
That’s the biggest pain about putting the upper back on is avoiding pinching any vac lines. Glad it was something simple like a coil.

• Agree
All put together now. All I need now is a distributor loom, and that radiator cover decal and the one under the hood. Hopefully LMR has them. Here’s final photos
B2F75F03-8A74-4860-9F94-7044C2154A34.jpeg
1D6DFC59-E883-458B-9D95-71824CDE742D.jpeg
3CE55193-7BA3-4C75-97C7-B4DF520AF91A.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user
Having a issue with the sound going quiet and flat with high volume/bass. The car is running a Pioneer head unit with aftermarket door speakers and rear woofers. Still running stock amp. The car plays audio perfectly up until like 38 setting volume which is not very loud. When the volume goes above this, and a little bass from the song comes in, the audio goes flat. I can’t say for sure but it seems as if all bass leaves and the volume is drastically reduced to where it is quiet and flat. I’m very new to audio so not really sure where to look. Maybe the aftermarket speakers and head unit are drawing too much that the stock Mach 460 amp can’t handle? Appreciate any and all help.

Last edited:
Super Embarrassing
779EC2E8-4CAB-4711-86BD-7ABAB4BFF3A5.jpeg
60ft and ET due to me getting nervous and dumping the clutch so bogged off the line. Wasn't looking to cut the light either. Had a super good time though and only one pass due to it raining after me. Looking to get back out there soon and get the launch now. I know this car should be 14.6-8 if I improve.
Here’s the slip

Reactions: 1 user
Also forgot to update a little something I got from the SVT store as a gift from my dad. Custom plaques for the Cobra. I absolutely love these and it adds a nice custom touch to the bay and interior
5A03126B-5AF3-404F-BC38-C93E84019089.jpeg
CC82364E-3CB3-438C-8FE2-93D66A27E037.jpeg
E5A7A229-1211-4E65-A494-97785437179B.jpeg

• Winner
Ordered up a clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster off Facebook. One thing I’ve always hated was how long my clutch travel was and how it engages right at the top. After driving my dads 94 cobra, I knew I had to fix this. His pedal was about 4 inches of travel total and engages right in the middle. made driving easier as well as rev matching. Hopefully I can get it closer to my liking.