Progress Thread 95 2-Top Cobra Build Thread- Never ending

Also, does anyone know what that sphere contraption is underneath the fender. I inspected the vacuum lines under there as I had the intention to just replace them while I was in there but they look really good and were probably replaced with the fender so I’ll leave good enough alone. Thanks @95steedamustang for the recommendation to just pull the fender. Was a pretty easy job and didn’t even need to jack the car up or remove the bumper, this fender had some different brackets.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Here’s the flaws in my old fender
A5E7DD5E-1D94-4AB6-8A7D-44940A986BEB.jpeg
EE4CC933-82E0-4BEA-AE06-953FCB475F4A.jpeg
42BF50E8-43DA-42CD-8583-31B6A4F3F43F.jpeg

And here’s the new fender on. Still need to apply my emblem. And when I take one step forward, I take one back as well. My cowl panel was cracked by the fender area and all it took was a little pressure and a piece popped out. I will get around to that next week. It sucks but that’s what happens with 25 year old plastic that’s been Florida baked. But nevertheless here’s the after
B7964451-F3AF-47F1-9EBF-92FAEC7417D8.jpeg
AA4329EA-D6D7-4427-B1D0-D1FCE2FDEB84.jpeg

Last edited:
I would rather not shell out $130 for a new cowl but my original plan was to repair this one but I know when I try and take it out it's just going to be destroyed. Might have to bite the bullet and just spring for new. Time to start saving again.

I have to say, I think it looks much better as a "coupe" the lines flow very nicely. I had almost forgot what it looked like with the hardtop on! Weather in Florida is still good to enjoy the top down but bugs got into the garage and put little holes in the headliner. No biggie, it needed some repair anyway but now its finally back on the Cobra!

• Winner