Progress Thread 95 2-Top Cobra Build Thread- Never ending

Keep getting an error where it says uploaded file is too large for the server when trying to upload pictures for some reason. Wanted to show the final result of the gauge pod painted in LMR saddle tan

• Sponsors (?)

1664025937431-1099077964.jpg

I've had a couple PMs about this issue
I'm not that savey with tech but this is taken with my kindle, I figured you guys are using phones?

Keep getting an error where it says uploaded file is too large for the server when trying to upload pictures for some reason. Wanted to show the final result of the gauge pod painted in LMR saddle tan
Me
Too I had to screen shot my pic so it knocked quality out to post it . @Noobz347 any ideas ?

Oh yeah, and I bought the FINAL piece to this supercharged build, the blower itself. I ordered a Vortech V3 off a user on Facebook and ETA is set for Friday, needless to say I’m excited and hope the unit is as represented. Looked very clean in pics and got an excellent deal! Here is where it lived previously
E5265225-D419-4EDA-907F-E1BDBE360D54.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
Ordered the pulley hardware to bolt it down and then I will have every single piece to get the build started. I’m gonna shoot to start over winter break because my class schedule keeps me quite busy. Might tackle the headers one weekend if I find the time so I can just straight into the plugs and go from there. Running TR6 iridium gapped at .034

Reactions: 1 user
For the record, I will be running windshield washer fluid for simple ease. It is a little hard to find the winter versions here in Florida but Advance auto has some rated for -20 deg for $4.49/gallon. I looked up the MSDS to find the methanol content and it is rated around 30-32 percent methanol by weight which will be perfect for my intentions as I don't want to richen up my mixture much. The water/meth injection will be used solely for cooling and safety.

Not much to update, I did change my plans and went with Willie Lynch over at Dirty Dirty Racing for my tuning. Got a Moated Quarterhorse through him as I figured the capability to datalog and have tune revisions would be superior to just having a chip burned by Ted Jenkins with it being a pain sending it back and forth for revisions. I have every single piece I need to install the blower, just need the time which has been hard to come by. I’m hoping on either Thanksgiving break or after finals around Winter break I can begin the tear down.

I went ahead and placed an order for an FL-1A filter, GT bypass hose, and some -20 windshield washer fluid (roughly 30 percent methanol). I am going to delete the factory oil cooler to reduce some engine bay clutter and simplify the vortech install.

Otherwise the car has been great, on full daily duty while the CTS-V is down. My MPG average dropped to about 17.5 with the 3.73 gears but I still absolutely love them. The car is much punchier now and an absolute blast to drive

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users