95 auto power down window (driver) does not work

alpharetta

Oct 8, 2004
My 95 coupe driver power window will not go down. I drilled out the rivets on the regulator/motor assembly and replaced it with a new ford unit ($$$). I tested the old motor by powering it directly and it would go up and down but barely, even with no load on it. So, it needed to be replaced anyway. I also replaced the circuit breaker in the passenger compartment fuse panel.

Neither of these fixed the problem, window will still not go down. I have tested the switch with a multimeter and it seems to work up/down. My hanes manual wiring diagram shows a power down module for the drivers side. I called my ford dealer parts dept and they list a part with a similar name for about $60. But, I cannot find where it is anywhere. Internet search reveals no clue as to what it looks like or where it is. I did find that in some cars it's in the door, but there are no modules in my door.

Anyone delt with this before? Any clue where this module is or what it looks like.

• Sponsors (?)

I just got the same problem. A few weeks ago my driver side window worked fine. My car has been sitting for awhile too. Now a couple days ago I go to lower the window cuz I took off the handle so I can get in easier and it won't go down :shrug: Tried a new switch but that didn't work. so I'm gonna try to jump the motor and see what happens.