Engine 95 gt

rockyracoon

10 Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
margate NJ
Hey ladies and gents.
My issue is with my new rocker rollers and stud conversion will not work with the stock valve covers (interference) the 95gt covers are only 2" in height. They have stamped steel ones on ebay that are listed as 3,5" in height, so im wondering if they are an option .

• Sponsors (?)

If you don't have your heart set on stud conversion these are some nice roller rockers (1.7) and clear the stock valve covers - provided you continue to use the silicone-over-metal valve cover gaskets. Very solid body, quality rollers, and I didn't have to shim a single one (with stock pushrods).

https://lmr.com/item/M6564A50/1979-...MI5vvYrcDm4AIVkVuGCh3DqQepEAQYASABEgLNZvD_BwE

I was surprised they added significant extra flow - so much so I was getting turbo spark blow-out after installation so had to down-gap plugs a bit more.

Anyways sounds like you already have them installed. Depending on how much interference you have, trimming the baffles and doubling up the gaskets might get you through. Otherwise you'll need something taller, and as the General suggests that will cause problems with intake clearance that will require a spacer (which then may cause hood or strut-brace clearance problems).

Vibrant red I went to Suds cuz that's just the way the seller recommended. On another note I was able to buy a set of Foxbody valve covers locally for twenty bucks. So I guess I'll send back those Chrome ones I ordered from eBay or maybe just keep them around but they are taller than Foxbody valve covers there around three and a half inch in height

i used fox covers on my 95 5.0 because the stud rollers wouldnt clear. had to remove oil baffle from passenger side though. just clears the alternator but i have to remove the alternator anytime i need to remove the valve cover.