95 mustang GT misfire stalling no codes

Que89

Aug 12, 2020
Indiana
95 mustang GT misfire stalling no codes... i’ve been having some trouble for the past three weeks.... New plugs wires new cap and rotor... I got a rough start... idle was jumping until the car got warm... I adjusted the distributor now I’m idling about 1100 RPMs but now the Idle holdS steady... it’s like a small pulse... unless I’m laying into the throttle... cruising under 2000 RPMs It will start jerking... High RPMs i even gotten a few backfires... it’s even died on me a few times and I’ve had to leave it sit come back it’ll fire right up and run fine for a while still with a miss I can tell when it’s about to die out the whole car seems to shake pretty good.... 95 GT stroked...

• Sponsors (?)

Could be as simple as a vacuum leak. Check all the hoses and see if any of them are cracked or split. Be careful of the colored plastic ones, they get brittle over time and may break.

Doesn’t your distributor have to be set perfectly... i’ve been through the hoses I found a few good vacuum leaks the car seems to be running a lot better I think moving the distributor put it out a time...

This link will help you find your issues, give you proper procedures on things like setting the timing, tps adjustment, just pay attention to the 94-5 specific instructions.

thanks man I tried to update with a video. After I fixed vacuum leaks every hose around the intake blew off I don’t know but is running and idling good but with a healthy miss still has a rough start.. The power just doesn’t seem to be there but much smoother.... Almost like a bad stator on my did on my Yamaha

Go through the checklist. The wizard (jrichker) that put it together (with help from others here) did so as to help with diagnostic procedures that need to be followed when working on efi/eec controlled mustangs.
Start at the top and do it step by step.

Doesn’t your distributor have to be set perfectly... i’ve been through the hoses I found a few good vacuum leaks the car seems to be running a lot better I think moving the distributor put it out a time...
There are a lot of things that can make the engine run bad; our computers are more picky than the Fox's. Again, go through the checklist as General karthief said. It will let you eliminate a lot of things that can cause you trouble.

As for your distributor, there's an old rumor that you can be 'one tooth off'. But that's not true. You rotate the distributor to set the timing, so as long as you can rotate the distributor far enough you're good. It will help us to help you if you go through the checklist first.

Reactions: 1 user
8A416298-63C3-43BF-8ED3-9E3CF5306827.jpeg

That's a big gap, what kind of plug?
.54 stock plugs I’m pretty sure Motorcraft platinum... The guy got the car from I messaged him asking him he told me he just put the new plug wires on it that he didn’t mess with the spark plugs they all look fouled out... I put the new ones in it’s running so good but one of the plug wires break on me and I can’t get to the back plug on driver side yet... I took it for a ride a lot more power a lot smoother but I can still tell the miss like it’s choking. But when the RPMs was dropping from 2 1/2 to 1 1/2 RPMs it only had a little shake it was before it was jerking... I just feel like something could seriously be wrong.... i’ve never seen spark plugs look like this I mean every single one

I have the same problems with the back driver's side plug. My arms just don't want to fit back there, and I end up scraping them up trying to force it. Keep trying different angles with your arms and you'll make it work.