95 stroked blown engine trouble

vegasboy

Apr 27, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Ive got a stroked 331 with a procharger p1sc intercooled with a 10 lb. cog toothed pulley. Its got edelbrock victor jr heads, F303 cam 42lb injectors, trick flow track heat ported intake.
My compression is 8.5:1. All seems to be ok when I got it. I was wondering what can I do to get rid of detonation and is there something I can get to release blower pressure on the heads so as not to blow a head gasket or worse? I already dropped my timing down to 8.5 degrees for the detonation problem. What can I expect with this set up? Also, Its got a Bassani X pipe and cat back system. Not the street kind. The race model. With BBK headers. Its so freakin loud though. Is there some way of hushing it up? My blower is loud enough and I get too many complaints as it is with it. Also, what type of power am I looking at. rear wheel I mean? Thanks....

• Sponsors (?)

get a MSD BTM, lets you retard the timing a bit. has it been professionally tuned? its always a good idea, especially with high horsepower applications like yours. as for a horsepower guess, i would say your in the 550 rwhp range. you can always o-ring the heads to avoid blown headgaskets. honestly, i don't know much about that process, someone else will have to break that down. if you think the exhaust is too loud, change it. get the street setup.

nice setup man.

GET A TUNE!! Seriously, my 95 is stroked and blown as well, and I see 13 psi at 5k rpm (expecting 15 up top), maxing my fuel system out, which is probably what your doing, causing it to go lean and detonate. I wouldn't let it do that man, unless you like changing HGs. Get it tuned on a dyno, get your air/fuel dialed through a chip, (probably have to beef up your fuel system),and let her rip. Ditch the btm. :nice: