95 svt cobra questions on trans and motor

harveybbc

Jan 29, 2008
Denver
Hello i have a 95 svt cobra ,I got it with no motor or trans.I have a 5.0 out of a 2000 explorer and most parts to get it in the cobra.Is this a bad choice?Also what tranny will i be able to use with this combo someone said i will not be able to use a 86 to 93 t5 is this true?I can get bell housing and flywheels will i be able to use a 95 cobra flywheel on the 2000 explorer engine or would i need a 2000 explorer flywheel for a manual?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks for your time in advance.:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

You can use the Explorer engine, no problem. In fact, the rotating assembly is identical to what the Cobra would have had. I have a 2000 Explorer shortblock in my GT. If you want to use the Fox T-5, you'll need a Fox bellhousing and clutch fork. The Explorer/Mountaineer engines are the same 50oz imbalance as the Mustang's, so you can also use the Mustang flywheel and balancer.

Thats what i wanted to hear :) ok one other thing will i be able to use the accessories on the front of the explorer engine or will they cause a problem.
Other then that i think i may be ok i will have a pic of the car up soon.And will keep people updated on how its coming.And maybe you guys can give me a hand as i go if i get stuck again :lol:

understandable i will see if i can get some pictures of the engine up here.I am so excited to get this this on the road it has a bit of money already in it and being a true cobra.Here is a little bit of info about it
95 svt cobra 5 speed
Steeda lower control arms
Eibach springs
Hal adjustable rear shocks
3.73:1 Ford motorsport gears
Auburn posi trac spool
Superior splined axles
Built to handle 700-800 HP
S281 spoiler
SVO fiberglass hood
Saleen body kit
MSD boost control
Line lock
Adjustable caster camber plates
Ford motorsports tach with shift light
Boyd coddington wheels
strut tower brace + more.

Thanks for your help :flag:

Ok i scrapped the 2000 explorer motor and picked up a roller 351w out of a 95 truck.Will a 2 wheel drive manual out of a pick up work ?This motor is also complete i have a gt40 upper from the explorer motor what motor can i find this gt40 lower for a 351w? or will it be cheaper to buy a after market one?

Thanks again guys.