96 4.6 Pi Intake And Cam Install

MileHi91LX

Aug 25, 2016
I have a few questions before undertaking this project. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1) Could someone please direct me to the most comprehensive DIY thread on this topic?
2) Is a tune required to make the car run right after this upgrade?
3) I'm also planning a cold air install at the same time. I should've put #2 after this!
4) Is it worth purchasing the AFM tool to do this install?

Thanks in advance everyone!

• Sponsors (?)

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-fo...-important-threads-newbies-here-first.583369/

There are multiple threads in here. Start reading and ask questions where needed.

Yes a tune will be needed in order to fully benefit from the new found air flow. Yes it will run on the npi tune but I strongly recommend a tune.

A cold air is really for looks, the stock air box tends to be as good as a quality cold air (only ones that take air from the fender, do NOT do a engine bay kit.

I just tear it all down (take the front cover off) as it gives you the chance to replace old gaskets etc.

Good luck.

I've located the PI intake and cams. Should I also buy the plenum? He has the TB for sale too, but I believe the 96 and 01 both had a 65mm, so I shouldn't need his TB? Is that correct?