96 Bronco Soft top ??...

Lyncher

Jun 14, 2005
A while ago i posted a thread about my new '96 bronco i got...5.0:D . i was looking for a soft top for it...either style is fine but I acnt find any to fit any broncos after 91. I dont know a lot about broncos so I dont know why this is or if one of those covers would work on mine as well. But can anyone tell me if they will work or where I can get a soft top for a '96. Thanks! :D

• Sponsors (?)

The '92 and later Bronco's came with a center mount tail light. Legally the companies can't sell or advertise a product that doesn't incorporate one. Since a soft top completely eliminates this light, they don't/can't/won't claim their product fits. The 92's and above also had padding on the interior of the rear roof and some wiring for the light that earlier models did not have, so the removal process is a bit more involved.

To answer your question, yes the tops that fit 1991 model Brono's will fit your 1996 model. However they won't be legal in any state that requires safety inspections. Of course, you could always replace the original top prior to the inspection if your state requires one :rolleyes:

spyne said:
The '92 and later Bronco's came with a center mount tail light. Legally the companies can't sell or advertise a product that doesn't incorporate one. Since a soft top completely eliminates this light, they don't/can't/won't claim their product fits. The 92's and above also had padding on the interior of the rear roof and some wiring for the light that earlier models did not have, so the removal process is a bit more involved.

To answer your question, yes the tops that fit 1991 model Brono's will fit your 1996 model. However they won't be legal in any state that requires safety inspections. Of course, you could always replace the original top prior to the inspection if your state requires one :rolleyes:

OOOO...so it will fit its just more work to take the top off and a bunch of bs legalities lol :nice: . Thanks ALOT!!!