96 Cobra Convertible, Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawson08

Oct 21, 2009
Hi,

I have a good-looking '96 Cobra Convertible I'm barely willing to part with for $7000. Please serious inquiries only, no tire-kickers, joy-riders, or people emailing just to insult me, or showing up without money..... ugh... Contact: [email protected]

106,000 miles, clear California title, smogged, more details below, thanks for lookin'

FYI, title must be transferred to the new owner by the end of October to avoid having to re-smog it.

Here's some additional info:

VIN 1FALP46V9TF190116

Smogged, clear title, Triple black 5-speed. Leather seats. Mach 460 audio system. Lots of Steeda mods. Convertible top is only 4 years old and no problems with leaks. A/C works great. Priced reasonably, but I'm not going to give it away.

I am the third owner, this has been my daily driver for the past 4 years. Smog is current and registration is good through September 2010.

The car is in good condition, inside and out, just a few minor issues as with any used car. More on the quirks below.

Here's the list of upgrades to the best of my knowledge, but keep in mind this is all second-hand info to me, so no promises. All the upgrades were done by the previous owners, that's why I'm not 100% sure of everything.

Engine:
Engine is the stock 32-valve DOHC 4.6 V8, rated from the factory at 305 HP. The only modifications are a K&N air filter and an UPR Power Tube (air intake tube). For the majority of its life it's been run on synthetic oil, either Amsoil or Mobil 1.

Exhaust:
Headers, I *think* are JL.
Steeda X-pipe
Magnaflow "50 state" cats
Flowmaster 3-chamber mufflers

Drivetrain:
Steeda clutch, adjustable clutch cable, clutch quadrant, and firewall adjuster
Transmission I believe is the original T-45
Steeda Tri-ax shifter
3.73 gears

Wheels/Tires:
Slotted rotors
"Stallion" 18-inch 5-spoke wheels (Roush ?)
Nitto NT555 tires, maybe 50% tread left
Fronts are 245/40ZR18
Backs are 285/35ZR18

Suspension:
There are some Steeda suspension upgrades, possibly extensive. Unfortunately I don't have a complete list. I do know it has the 5-way adjustable Tokico shocks. Also I had to have the stock front springs put back in due to ground clearance. But I still have the front lowering springs.

Other:
Roush rear spoiler
Steeda badge on the back

Other parts that have been replaced since I've owned it:
alternator, starter, motor mounts, coils, plugs, wires

OK now for the quirks and imperfections:

- Due to the aftermarket cats, the computer often has a P0420 code (catalyst efficiency) which means the check engine light is usually on. Now obviously it wasn't in August when I had it smogged (or it wouldn't have passed), but this is common with aftermarket cats. My suggestion would be to put stock cats back on, if and when it becomes necessary. But so far I have managed to pass smog twice (2 years ago, and then in August) with the current setup, and it's good for 2 more years in any event.

- The CD player is kinda iffy. I think the lens may be dirty or something. Lately it mostly doesn't play although I did have it working with one of the cleaner CD's in the past few months.

- The front right, and back left, windows are a little quirky, but the motors all work. I will show you how to operate them.

- one rip in the driver's seat a few inches long. Barely noticeable.

- a couple of scratches and rough spots on the paint, overall looks great though.

Reason for selling:

In the short term, I'm going down to 1 car to save money. In the medium term I'll probably get a Ranger or Jeep for hauling cargo or Jeep-ing.

Bonus:

I will include the following books:
SVT owner's manual
Helm 1996 Mustang shop manual
Ford Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis 1996 Service Manual Car/Truck OBD 1
Ford Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis 1996 Service Manual Car/Truck OBD 2
Whatever receipts for past work/history I have

Attachments

• IMG_2017.jpg
    IMG_2017.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_2026.jpg