'96 Cobra info needed

I just sold my '89 Supercharged Notch this afternoon and was browsing autotrader tonight and came accross a '96 Cobra Coupe, Black on Black leather with 97K for $8200 not too far from me. I'm not too familiar with these cars and don't know what they are worth. Is that price high?

It has SLP exhaust and CIA, otherwise stock.

Also, what do these things run with a decent list of mods and say a 150 shot or supercharger? Do they hook better than my Fox did?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

With exhaust and CAI the car is probably at about 280-290 rwhp. Add a blower and you can push 375 pretty easily. They have the same rear suspension as a Fox, but have room for a lot more tire in the back. I'm running 315's on the rear and a KB under the hood. It's never been to the track, but I can tell you it scoots.

The price seems pretty reasonable to me, if it's in nice shape.

All truth on above post. Heres more info

When my 96 was just BBK L/T's. H-pipe, DynoMax cat-back, and 4.10's....I ran a 13.54@106MPH. Then with the blower installed....I run consistent 12.50's with no slick, no high RPM launches. My 114-116 MPH traps are enough for 11's. You will be very happy with this purchase. I will soon install a methanol injection kit and run 14lbs of boost. Alternative is gonna tune the car, and he expects me to see over 500RWHP. Right now I am just over 400RWHP.:nice:

And.....if I don't stomp on it, I don't even know it's there. It idles, runs, and drives like a stock car, and still gets excellent gas mileage....I will take my car on a long distance trip if I had to.

Looks like a clean car that was well taken car of. I would take a look at it and drive it. The mileage isn't too much of a concern because these cars are built very well. That seems like a good price too...I sold a nice black 97 Cobra with tan leather, mostly stock like that one for 10,000 with 64,000 miles....in May of 2006.

If its is nice, thats the car you want, because it hasn't been modified and beat up on. You don't want to buy a Cobra like mine, because even though I maintain it and take care of it, it has been messed with, and YES I DID RACE IT!!!:D So good luck getting the car you will love owning an SVT!!!!!!!:nice: