Expired 96 Gt 248a With Suspected Spun Bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

a3evox

Jul 26, 2014
Used to be a member years ago when I had my fox, anyways, looking to sell my gt. Plans and priorities have changed so I have to sell one of my cars. Below is my craigslist ad copied and pasted, it's obviously targeted to car enthusiasts in general so it may seem a little long but it includes all details.
96 Mustang GT, rare 248a package; manual locks and windows, no spoiler, cloth interior with the only option being rear defrost. Perfect car for a road race/ street and strip car since it's extra light. Has the full GT drive train with a v6 base model interior/ exterior.
Has a spun bearing (I suspect) and is recommended it be towed although it can be started and driven on a short test drive. This is the perfect candidate for a pi, 4v, or 5.4 swap, if you don't know what I'm describing than this probably isn't the project for you, this is a project for a Mustang enthusiast, one with more time on their hand than I do. Has a dent in the passenger side rear quarter from a tree falling on it during a storm, has never been in a accident. Odometer is broken, true mileage unknown.
Many new parts including all rotors and pads, all clutch components, and all steering and suspension components, all parts were installed by the previous owner who owns a Mustang shop or myself who's a certified auto tech. This car needs a new engine and that's literally it, everything else is new and installed professionally. I have decided to buy and Evo which is why I am not building this car. Car has a clean title. As far as modifications it has Eibach lowering springs, off road x pipe with glass packs (sounds great), adj clutch quadrant with new cable and all other components, 17" Topline rims with nice performance summer tires, new professionally installed tint with lifetime warranty at the legal Maine limits. Has Alpine Type S rear speakers, is wired for a deck and front speakers. Can include a nice cd/dvd head unit if asking price is met.
Asking $1500. Contact me at 207 249 five 00 five. I work 6-7 days a week so serious calls only please. Car is located in Buxton Maine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    709.6 KB · Views: 264
  • Sponsors (?)

Buxton Maine, I should add that I'm not 100% on it being a spun bearing, it starting making a very slight knocking noise about 3 months ago and I stopped driving it, I've since started it and warmed it up for 10+ minutes but couldn't get it to knock. I literally work 60-80hrs every week and spend a lot of the time out of state so I haven't had a chance to further diagnose it.

$1400 obro, I'll consider trades for high end guns (25 yrs old with clean record), basically any power sports, evo x parts, etc. I don't need money but I would like to sell or trade it before snowfall otherwise I'll store it. Text me anytime at 207-249-5005.

Status
Not open for further replies.