96 mustang gt factory radio harness diagram?

sleeper95

Apr 1, 2009
i bought the car without a radio in it and i didnt think it was a big deal cause i had my own..all the colors are different though from the car to the aftermarket radio..i cant seem to find a diagram for the car either.can anyone help me out with this so i can get my radio working? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Diagram 130-1 is radio

Diagram 130-1 is radio

The 96 service CD will not let me copy/paste diagrams. My only option is to print screen. However, the print screen are several mega-bytes. Much too large to post.

PM your email address. Note, the diagram is not the greatest quality. This one will be good enough for you to read. You should consider getting your own Ford service CD off of ebay.

i found a diagram and its all hooked up accordingly..the radio turns on and is fully functional.the thing now is i found out that none of my speakers are wired up so i think im gonna have to rewire it all also do i need an amp for my speakers cause there isnt one back there anymore...

Per the wiring diagram, the 1996 factory system does not have an external amp. The speakers wire directly to the head unit.

Sooo....in answer to you question about neeeeding a new amp, the answer is no (waaanting is another thing). If there is/was an amp in the rear, it is an after market system.

If the car had the Mach460 system there would be a pair of amps under the rear deck for the front and rear woofers. The A-pillar tweeter pods are driven by either a 3rd amp in the center console stack or an integrated amp in the headunit.

I think non-460s also had a seperate amp in the console for some years but I'm not sure when the amps were moved into the headunit. It may have been the other way round, amps broken out from the headunit but that's backwards from the usual manufacturing tendancy to reduce component count over the life of a product.

okay well i think it used to have an amp for the speakers so do i connect all the speakers to the amp then wire the amp to the radio?? im really confused with all this an about ready to just bring it to a car stereo shop..can anyone help me?