96 Mystic Cobra ????

cmhofftx

Feb 14, 2007
$19,000 is it worth it? 34k miles

4.6 V-8, DOHC, 32 VALVES, SUPERCHARGED, 5 SPEED, PERFECT PAINT, SUPER CLEAN BLACK LEATHER, ONLY 34,000 CAR FAX CERTIFIED MILES, ALMOST 500 HP, APPROX. 5,000 MILES ON VORTECH S-TRIM SUPERCHARGER & REBUILT MOTOR WITH FORGED PISTONS & RODS, FLUIDYNE ALUMINUM RADIATOR, CHROME STRUT TOWER BRACE, KENNE BELL BOOST-A-SPARK IGNITION, VORTECH FUEL MANAGEMENT UNIT, K&N FILTER, 77MM MASS AIR, VORTECH AFTER COOLER, 62MM THROTTLE BODY, 30LB INJECTORS, LONG TUBE HEADERS, BBK H-PIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CATS, FLOWMASTER MUFFLERS, HURST SHIFTER, CENTERFORCE CLUTCH, ALUMINUM DRIVESHAFT, 3.73 REAR, SUBFRAME CONNECTORS, TRUNK-MOUNTED OPTIMA BATTERY, VORTECH FUEL PUMP, CHROME 17" COBRA R WHEELS, NEW NITTO DRAG RADIALS, AUTOMETER FUEL PRESS & BOOST GAUGES, MACH 460 SOUND SYSTEM, FACTORY CD & CASSETTE PLAYERS, REMOTE ALARM, COLD A/C, AN INCREDIBLY RARE, COOL, & FAST CAR, DON'T MISS IT.

4606-04.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

The color is worth some money... but not that much I don't think. Plus with the goodies on it, should DROP the value not raise it.

What about a 1997 Saleen 351-R for $40,000, 17k miles

MOONLIGHT BLUE, BLACK LEATHER RECARO SEATS, DYNO-TUNED TO 625HP W/CUSTOM COMPUTER, 351 WINDSOR WITH J.E. FORGED PISTONS, SCAT I-BEAM RODS, FORGED CRANK, ARP BOLTS & STUDS, T-56 SIX SPEED TRANS., PRO 5.O POWER TOWER SHIFTER, T.F.S TWISTED WEDGE ALUM. HEADS, 5 ANGLE VALVE JOB, ROLLER ROCKERS, SALEEN INTAKE, 70MM T/B, 80MM M/A, 50 LB INJECTORS, CRANE HI-6 IGNITION, ALUM. RADIATOR, OIL COOLER, AEROMOTIVE 1,000 HP FUEL PUMP, LINES, RAILS & REGULATOR, JET HOT COATED LONG TUBE HEADERS, 3 INCH EXHAUST, CUSTOM BUILT X-PIPE, HI FLOW CATS, FLOW PRO MUFFLERS, STAR CLUTCH, ADJUSTABLE CLUTCH QUADRANT, ALUM. D/S, SALEEN REAR CONTROL ARMS, 4.10 TRAC LOCK REAR, ALCON 13" BRAKES, RACECRAFT SPRINGS, SWAY BAR, SHOCKS & STRUTS, TRUNK LOCATED BATTERY, SALEEN 18" CHROME WHEELS, ROLL BAR, SALEEN FUEL PRESS. & BOOST GAUGES & 200 MPH SPEEDO, BILLET INTERIOR TRIM, CARBON FIBER HOOD, DUAL PLANE REAR WING, PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS, DIAMOND CLEAR CORNER LIGHTS, ALARM, PIONEER CD, DIGITAL EQUALIZER. & 10 DISC CD CHANGER, 3 TEN" SUBWOOFERS, 6 MB QUARTZ SPEAKERS, 2 AUTO TECH 1200 WATT AMPS, MINT CONDITION, ONLY 185 S-351 R's EVER BUILT, ONLY 40 IN 1997, ONLY 2 IN BLUE, VERY RARE COLLECTOR CAR.

Performance Mustangs rips you off. Every car I've seen on their site is over priced. A lot of people in Houston have said that the employees and owner rag and beat on all of the cars they get. Just something to think about...

Ex. They want $10K for an 00 GT with 132,000 miles! WAY overpriced...

as far as the S351 goes, there has to be a reason why its been on their lot for over a year.

if those mods on the cobra are done right, its a good price. it just saves you a ton of money if you ever plan to mod. if you dont plan to mod, you should buy a stock car.

i know everyone here always says that because mods are done to the car the price should be less. i dont see why that is.....because the car was abused, or because the mods were dont done right? i see why that would matter for a normal car buyer, but for a mustang buyer? what you are supposed to buy a stock car for that price and then spent another 15,000 bucks in mods just to get what that car already has.

that being said. you would have to be sure about wanting to put time into repairs and maintance if you get that car. any car modded that heavily will need it.

i guess i just feel this way, because if i ever get rid of my stang when it is finished, someone will be getting a steal. i know the car was never abused and, all the parts on it are the best you can buy, they were all professionally installed and tuned. so i feel that there are other cars out there that would be in the same good condition.

Adrenln, it's because you don't know how a modded car has been driven. Not to say a stocker hasn't been abused, but chances are a car with D/Rs and a blower has been played with.

Modded cars are worth less unless the seller finds the right buyer. Same reason you should always remove any mod you can when you sell your stang, sell the mods separate you get a lot more cash back.