96 Mystic Cobra??

MysteryMachine

Jun 21, 2003
Parkesburg, PA
Whats one worth? Theres one close by for sale. I have been drooling over this car for months. I happen to notice it sitting in a weird spot last night. Looked today and its for sale. Guys asking 9,000 OBO. Car looks to be in great shape needs a good wash and wax. Chrome on the rims looks good but the back side could use some cleaning. Didn't see the engine and not sure of the miles.

What y'all think?

6569_116112658519_515008519_2373849_6605960_n.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

1999 were built in the sn95 body. It's not going to a collector unless it is stock and low miles. Any paint work just ups the cost. I looked at one a while back with low miles, and passed.

Not bad, but it would have been cooler with the stock hood. Unless he's still got it, I would knock the cost of a stock replacement hood + paint off of his asking price when I did my negociating with him.

It's all about what it's worth to you. I just let my Mystic go for $7500. It had 135k miles, but was in really good condition considering that. Mine came with 2004 Cobra wheels and tires, plus the stock wheels and tires as well, so that helped some. I feel I got a good price for it. I had tried selling off and on since January, mainly on forums here and there though. Let me be the first to say DO NOT let the paint scare you. When I got mine, the front/rear bumpers had clear coat peeling something terrible. I had both bumpers, the hood, and the side skirts all done at the local Ford dealer (who offers a lifetime warranty btw) for under $1300. I don't know much about painting, but that wasn't bad at all if you ask me. Also, apparently some of the restrictions have been lifted because they handed me a small bottle of leftover paint to use for touch ups in other areas. For that one, it definitely needs a bath and wax, but from the pic it doesn't look like it'd take much more. Be sure to find out what kind of mods it has. If it's heavily modded, I'd probably try to stay away from it. The only Mystics that might be going to raise in value (which will take a good while, not anytime soon) are the lower mileage ones as mentioned above. I know for under $10k you can get a really nice, under 100k mile SN95 Cobra. It's just all about what the paint is worth to you. Once you know the miles and mods, this may be a steal, but it's hard to say right now. Personally I love the mystic and hope to have another one someday. Good luck with your decision.