Progress Thread 96pushrods 347 build - Dyno results in!!

Tony use to race in a class with my father n law about 15 years ago. Super nice guy and knows his stuff. When I bought my car it had been tuned by him. He was nice enough to answer the phone and try to answer any questions i had about the car. Glad to hear he is still in business and doing good. Great numbers too!

Joe

• Sponsors (?)

Tony use to race in a class with my father n law about 15 years ago. Super nice guy and knows his stuff. When I bought my car it had been tuned by him. He was nice enough to answer the phone and try to answer any questions i had about the car. Glad to hear he is still in business and doing good. Great numbers too!

Joe
Man Tony’s the man. He definitely knows what he’s doing. Thanks man, appreciate it.

Ended up putting a driveshaft loop today. For $30 from summit it was hard not to lol. Next will be 31 splines, a good buff and it’ll be done for the next 3 months till I get a wild hair and toss a blower on it lol.

Gotta do a little fine tuning with the tune as well, mainly cold start fueling. Gotta add a hair bit more fuel.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks man. It’s funny, it seemed like it took so long to build the car. Looking back it wasn’t so bad.

I guess I’m lucky that I could dedicate Mondays - Thursdays working on it.

Haha yeah I guess it’s a little quicker than the average build. Pretty much everything I was going to do took a couple months to plan though. I kinda had a rough 400whp number in mind and then just prepared from there. Imo, making 422 @ 5500 rpm in the 93 degree, humid South Georgia heat with 93 octane was a goal accomplished lol.

Was many long nights going lmr and summits websites piecing together what I needed.

I also am lucky though to have full shop and lift access whenever I need it - these were a HUGE help. I couldn’t imagine doing half of the stuff I did without a 2 post. Still though, doing everything myself in decent time was pretty satisfying.

Next I want to do a coupe with a nasty little solid roller. No more making peak power south of 7k :D

Thanks for the kind words though, it helps keep me focused on getting :poo: done lol. You have some build details for yours @95BlueStallion ?

Yeah, but its a lot of BS in between the actual updates. I have a stock block 347 with baby Trickflow 170's and a custom cam. Not yet tuned, moved on to suspension, undercarriage... Im not good at finishing one aspect before jumping around. Plus, there are no reputable tuners near me, so Ive gotta save and make trip out of going somewhere for a dyno. I have no trailer, so that means the car needs to be good and streetable to get there. Now winter is setting in, and I still havent finished the exhaust. A wife and three young kids sure dont help me have time to work on it.

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-fo...ration-and-slight-modification-thread.894771/

Yeah, but its a lot of BS in between the actual updates. I have a stock block 347 with baby Trickflow 170's and a custom cam. Not yet tuned, moved on to suspension, undercarriage... Im not good at finishing one aspect before jumping around. Plus, there are no reputable tuners near me, so Ive gotta save and make trip out of going somewhere for a dyno. I have no trailer, so that means the car needs to be good and streetable to get there. Now winter is setting in, and I still havent finished the exhaust. A wife and three young kids sure dont help me have time to work on it.

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-fo...ration-and-slight-modification-thread.894771/

Man I can imagine. Not having any kids definitely helps me get more time to work on the car. Idk how I’d ever get it done with 3 little ones. I went through your build, and you definitely did some things I didn’t on mine. Like I really didn’t touch my suspension. That’s the one kind of mechanical work I hate haha.

Your engine sounds spectacular on the dyno, good job on your build:nice:.

Fast too!

Thanks Dave, I appreciate it. Yeah she really moves! It puts down twice the hp and tq it used to so she really scoots.

Reactions: 1 user
Got some cobra r rims on. Cars kinda dirty.
B944C28D-8E0D-4158-803B-D4C729EF5B16.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user