97 explorer 302 microsquirt

190e302

5 Year Member
Sep 20, 2018
minnesota
Hey all, I am tuning my v3 microsquirt 97 explorer block, f cam, yellow top stock injectors, fuel pump 300lph, running TFI disty. Fires up idles smooth about 1k any lower it hunts a little. I have auto tune setup and let it tune a bit however my issue is.. The tfi requires 2 power wires. One in Run position another just for cranking. I have a power wire on a switch I use during cranking then turn it off. Then engine runs well with it getting power. Breaks up and misfires when trying to rev with it off.. maybe my main power wire Is weak?

Thanks
-Brian

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Microsquirt is not the same as MS3. It uses the ms2 firmware files.

The tfi is 'push to start' so the second 12v is forcing the timing to be locked at 10* Or whatever you have the base timing set to.
Did you verify timing with the trigger wizard?

Reactions: 1 user
I used the trigger wizard and set the timing. Wont run with 20 degrees fixed table but it will idle well at 10. It breaks up and wont rev. With the push to start wire given power it will rev smoothly. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
-Brian

hmm I will keep playing with the wizard see if I can get it to sync correctly.. I have my balancer marked with a paint marker. the original markings are pretty much gone... Is it bad to leave it in fixed timing?

Sure. I will log it and get back tomorrow most likely. It has 2.5 exhaust with spin tech muffler.. had the cops stop by yesterday from a neighbors noise complaint at 2pm... the cop was cool. His jaw dropped when he saw the car and build. Not breaking the law have a good day haha

#technical difficulties. I replaced my tuning laptop and I did a lower intake gasket had to retime the motor. I got it fired up idling fine. however my fuel ve table is WAY off... here are a couple logs. I got left the timing fixed.

Attachments

• yes.msl
    3.5 MB · Views: 134
  • yesagain.msl
    215.8 KB · Views: 135
In the datalog your MAP signal is not working, it never changes.. If it does it does not change very much... Its reading over 250 KPA so unless your in the center of the earth this is wrong.

Check that the map sensor is calibrated correctly and hooked up right. If this is a micro squirt did you have to rewire the sensor on the firewall to a GM 2bar??