Engine 97 GT Convertible will crank but wont start not getting fuel

Moostang116

Feb 22, 2021
Florida
I have my 97 GT with a brand new fuel pump and the RCM. The crank with no start issue has come and go for a couple months bur now its dead. It will start if I put starting fluid down the throttle body so I know it has spark. I'm really stumped and do not know what to check now. I've tried dropping the tank and messing with the fuel pump harness while it was running, and it did not cut out at all. Ive tried pushing down the fuel pump cut off switch and its already all the way down. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Does the Theft light flash while trying to start? I know a PATS issue with cause a crank no start, but I've never actually tested whether or not it cuts fuel and spark or just fuel.

the inertia switch is good i went to the junk yard and got another as a new one was not readily available and tested it, still does the same thing. and the theft light does not flash Ive also tried both my keys to it. I think next I am going to try an ignition switch.