97 GT PI HEAD SWAP DYNO SHEET INSIDE

FST BLK Pony said:
if you get every bolt on including long tubes...you could probably do it with VT Stage 2 cams and stock PI heads.

Cool, I think thats probably what I am going to do....thats what I have been thinking about for a while now. And then I am gonna get a cutom tune at detroit speedworks...so hopefully I will break 300, but I guess I would be happy with 290

• Sponsors (?)

FST BLK Pony said:
they are rated at 260 crank hp why would they dyno 250 rwhp? that makes no sense

Ls1's are rated at 305-310 (98-02) but they dyno around 290-295rwhp...why would they dyno that high..."that makes no sense" :D

A stock 99+ Gt 5spd will dyno anywhere from 225-235rwhp...

FST BLK Pony said:
actually 01-02's will dyno 300+ all day long

but there is a reason for that...its called a vette

I'm talking about the z28's/ss/transam/formula/ws6/etc...

And they don't neccesarily dyno 300 "all day long"...they go as low as 280rwhp and as high as 310-315rwhp...

5spd GT said:
I'm talking about the z28's/ss/transam/formula/ws6/etc...

And they don't neccesarily dyno 300 "all day long"...they go as low as 280rwhp and as high as 310-315rwhp...

i know what you are talking about...the reason they are rated LOW is because of the vette...chevy didn't want to rate a $20k camaro with the same power as a $40k vette...even though it was the same motor. thats why it was underrated.

billyfe390 said:
It wont make any difference. Some people are convinced that closing the gap will make more power with the compression. It wont and they need new wires if it did.
The reason for closing the gap isn't to make more power; it's to prevent the spark from blowing right out the exhaust port after increasing the cylinder pressure. Guys have been doing it with supercharged set ups for years. Doing it because of a bump in compression is based on the same principal (yet not as extreme). Guess it could account for more power, or rather just not a loss in power.

billyfe390 said:
It wont make any difference. Some people are convinced that closing the gap will make more power with the compression. It wont and they need new wires if it did.
i've heard from other sources that closing the gap on a swapped gt makes more power. they claimed they felt it. i'm gonna try it too on mine and see if i feel it.

Nice #'s man......With a good tune you'll be close to 270. Get your self some VT cams and you'll love it even more.

I saw an ad on another site for VT stage 2's forsale! thats what you'll need to get to the 300 mark.

Congrats!

Nice #'s man......With a good tune you'll be close to 270. Get your self some VT cams and you'll love it even more.

I saw an ad on another site for VT stage 2's forsale! thats what you'll need to get to the 300 mark.

Congrats!

Hey I got all my pi mods for my 96 gts and soon i will be putting it all on. I got a question though. I want to add the vt stage 2 270 cam but do I have to modify the heads?

No modification to the heads required but it would be beneficial to ahve the cams degreed in when you install.

Nick has proven this is not correct. VT, or now CMS, has revised the stage 2 cams. You need to talk to Nick on this to see if the new revision works.

The Comp 270's will not work. Both Nick and many others have proven that there is Valve/Piston contact does occur with the VT's and comp 270's.

you can run comp 270's once you get your pistons flycut.... Just get comp 262's and you don't have to worry about any ptv contact or degreeing...

at the beginning of this thread it was stated that the full pi swap only gabe him 260hp. I've read many other forums where guys have done the swap w/ full bolt ons and made 300hp.....