98 AODE to T-56 Conversion Kit

• Sponsors (?)

new22003 said:
There are a few companies that sell it. Stangparts has a AODE to T5 conversion priced at $1900. They should be able to hook you up with a t56. Im sure there are other companies I just cant name them off hand.

http://www.stangparts.com/products/list.cfm?Page=5&TypeID=3

yeah i saw they have a aode to t45 conversion, but its 1700 bucks for mostly used parts. i can only imagine they want a lump of gold for a t56

KJ Hoppus said:
yeah i saw they have a aode to t45 conversion, but its 1700 bucks for mostly used parts. i can only imagine they want a lump of gold for a t56

Most ads I have seen in MM&FF have a t56 conversion prices in the $3000+ range. Its not a cheap conversion. The links below have the t56 for $2300 at sean hyland and $1750 at stang parts. Thats just for the tranny for the 5 speed cars. The auto conversion will run you a bunch more.

new22003 said:
Most ads I have seen in MM&FF have a t56 conversion prices in the $3000+ range. Its not a cheap conversion. The links below have the t56 for $2300 at sean hyland and $1750 at stang parts. Thats just for the tranny for the 5 speed cars. The auto conversion will run you a bunch more.

yeah, i know but a new t56 is about 2300 bucks and stangparts probably wants 2k for a used one. i might call them to find out what else i need to do the swap. i have some stuff for a 5 speed becuse i converted it to the auto i have know, but that was a v6 with a t5. Thanks.

KJ Hoppus said:
yeah, i know but a new t56 is about 2300 bucks and stangparts probably wants 2k for a used one. i might call them to find out what else i need to do the swap. i have some stuff for a 5 speed becuse i converted it to the auto i have know, but that was a v6 with a t5. Thanks.

You need to go to the link I posted. Stangparts.com has a BRAND NEW one for $1750.

I believe D&D motorsports has what you are looking for. I am also saving for the T56 swap. You need a special length driveshaft. D&D make them and sell them.

The swap will not be cheap, but I dont care.