98 cobra power

genoapb

Oct 31, 2006
Michigan
I just recently bought a 98 cobra which is sitting in the shop right now trying to figure out why the motor is knocking.:( Its also almost winter here so once I get the above problem worked out I will be adding some headers, cams, gears, computer mods and an H pipe to the cold air intake and cat back that the car came with. I was considering the comp cams XE266BH-166 but im completely new to these cars and these type of engines and havent been able to find alot of info on mods to these cars and the real results. I just want to be sure the cams I pick will work good with future mods since this will be a progressive build. Any suggestions on the right cam would be great. I want the cam to have a noticeable lope on idle but I still want it to be useable. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

in the july 06 muscle mustangs&fast fords mag you can find a great article on a 96 4.6 4 valve . they put the xe262ah comp cams in and pick'd up 44 hps. when its time for my rebuild thats the way i would like to go.the degreeing of the 4 cams looks like a mfr. i dont know how krafty you are but i think im going to get some help!! i have put cams in other cars but they are not anything like theese 4 valves.im in mich allso let me know how things work out for you. www.musclemustangfastfords.com

I searched everywhere on that site and never came across that article. I found it under table of contents but it doesnt show the article on the site like alot of the other articles so I guess I will send for a copy of that back issue. Thanks for the info.