98 Gt Power Loss - No Check Engine Light - Help

Thomasfellows73

Apr 26, 2017
I have a 98 ford mustang that i bought 3 months ago its a gt, i been having loss of power issues, they have got worse with no check engine light. I took to mechanic and the said it was fuel pump we replaced that the fuel filter plugs wires and the throttle position sensor, still the same i cant even spin the tires most of the time. Sometime its worse than others. It idles fine and runs perfect if i baby it. Soon as i step on it the power is gone well alot less then b4. I seen a post asking if someone with similar problem washed engine cause i did . Thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 98 ford mustang that i bought 3 months ago its a gt, i been having loss of power issues, they have got worse with no check engine light. I took to mechanic and the said it was fuel pump we replaced that the fuel filter plugs wires and the throttle position sensor, still the same i cant even spin the tires most of the time. Sometime its worse than others. It idles fine and runs perfect if i baby it. Soon as i step on it the power is gone well alot less then b4. I seen a post asking if someone with similar problem washed engine cause i did . Thanks for the help
So you took a hose and sprayed your engine down with water? This problem occurred after you did this? Have you checked for codes?

There are no codes and im not sure if the power problems were after i pressure washed the motor. And the no code thing the mechanic i was going to says nothing is wrong but when they test drove it they dont step on it so there not getting the power loss

Often an ignition system problem or fuel pump problem can happen without throwing codes. Are you certain there are not MSD boxes, performance chips, or anything of that nature, installed?

I cant even spin the tires most of the time.
I have owned a 1996 GT automatic that ran fine. The only time it could spin the tires was during a rain storm. Honestly the 1996-1998 GT isn't that fast. Especially the automatic.

I seen a post asking if someone with similar problem washed engine cause i did
Why are you guessing? It just takes a few minutes to remove the spark plug wires and blow out the spark plug wells.

And I don't know if this is it connected issue or something totally different but I do have a ticking noise when I hit the throttle and the mechanic two different mechanics told me they thought it was an exhaust leak now I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not just trying to give you all the info that I know about