98 mustang vs 2001 prelude

Hey guys..i raced my friends 2001 prelude...i thought he was going to smoke me but then i had a lead on him in the beginning...i thought he would catch up at the end (v-tech), but i maintined the lead... am i just a good driver?? or my car with my mods should beat his stock 2001 prelude...just wondering...give me some feedback guys..ohh yeah i have a manual and he has a semi-manual(whatever u call it) he can still control when to shift to another gear...

• Sponsors (?)

I raced a prelude at the track once....he had a 16.1 just like me, I think had the track been longer he would have caught up, because at the end is where he picked up and gained on me, I don't know what the guy was running or what year it was? So I don't know if it was typical or not for the prelude.

77sleeper said:
lets see the timeslips so we can help nswer your question
I know u guys are gonna hate me for this...but i was street racing my friends 01 prelude...it was on a one way and the coast was clear...but i know that aint no good reason to street race... Just wanted to test out how my stangt would do against his prelude...anyways like i said i pretty much pulled out in the beginning...was thinking his prelude will catch up becuase it will take my car in the higher rpms...but it the thing is it never caught up to my stang...is it because my car is modded and could beat his stock 01 prelude...

M9rkym9rk112 said:
I know u guys are gonna hate me for this...but i was street racing my friends 01 prelude...it was on a one way and the coast was clear...but i know that aint no good reason to street race... Just wanted to test out how my stangt would do against his prelude...anyways like i said i pretty much pulled out in the beginning...was thinking his prelude will catch up becuase it will take my car in the higher rpms...but it the thing is it never caught up to my stang...is it because my car is modded and could beat his stock 01 prelude...

only person that hates you is our nazi mods

Bragging rights?

Anyway, I don't agree about the auto's being that slow. I'm telling you that after I put that TransGo in, I CONSTANTLY break the tires loose. On close races where we stay side by side, my car lurches ahead every shift, and while they shift they fall back slightly. I have yet to go balls out though and just go for the big @$$ handing.

I'm still waiting for the real engine modding to begin, but I'm still holding my own righ tnow, and beating these lil' bastage kidz, in my slow @$$ auto.

I love what sleeper did to his whole name and avatar section! Kerry does blow chunks. BTW, I think Kerry and Jay Leno are the only people I know of that can wipe their own @$$ with their chin!

MarvinMyCat said:
Bragging rights?

Anyway, I don't agree about the auto's being that slow. I'm telling you that after I put that TransGo in, I CONSTANTLY break the tires loose. On close races where we stay side by side, my car lurches ahead every shift, and while they shift they fall back slightly. I have yet to go balls out though and just go for the big @$$ handing.
You haven't raced anyone who can shift then. My car never falls back when racing.

I'm sure I've "raced" plenty of capable drivers.

In any event, here's a little cartoon animation for you all to enjoy!

Street Racing Cartoon

Anyway Christian, I'm not trying to start a pissing war, just curious if you've ever ridden or drove a shift kitted car before. I've never been able to snap my neck back in a stick like this and still be able to maintain acceleration. I'm sure I'd do even better if I had the balls to actually use the manual shift option on the auto. Besides, these are the cards I was dealt, so this is what I'm working with here (for now).

Yeah, I've driven a car with a shift kit. It was decent. Only automatic car I enjoyed riding in was a friends Camaro who basically had a manumatic only setup. Reverse valve body type deal going. That car was mean.