98 vert w/03 motor

• Sponsors (?)

from what i've seen the 03 cobra crate motors cost around 11-12,000 bills. Im sure that someone like VT Engines or sean hyland could make a stronger 5.0 stroker that you could supercharge for cheaper than that. is there any particular reason that you want to get the 03 motor?

only because i have seen a few that were used with like 4-6000 miles on them for around $6000. i thought that for a fully fordged and s/c motor that it was a good deal. i prefer the sn-95 body style or i would buy an 03. how much would it cost for them to build me a motor that could compare to the 03-04 motors.

I've been wanting to do the same thing, but I want the 04 long block and then bolt a Kenne Bell to it!

I know that you have to change the k-member, but you can go tubular at that point. You will also need to use a FAST controller for the fuel injection or you will have to change out the entire dash electronics since the 99+ have digital speedo, etc.

It's been done a couple of times...as a matter of fact, the write-up in last months or this ones 5.0 has a yellow/black 95 on the cover...it has an 03 Cobra in it.

I had a text file from a guy who had done it and said what all needed to be done, but can't find it right now. I will email it to ya if I can find it.

SnakeBite98 said:
from what i've seen the 03 cobra crate motors cost around 11-12,000 bills. Im sure that someone like VT Engines or sean hyland could make a stronger 5.0 stroker that you could supercharge for cheaper than that.

Not much. SHM and cheaper are never found in the same sentence. :D

As for the swap ... popular swap for a lot of SOHC guys going to the DOHC.
Good forum to ask questions or sites 1, 2. But, be prepared for a lot of 'oh, by the way' purchases to make it work. Good point of contact .... Race Rat
Some swaps are putting the 03/04 long block behind autos. Finding the long block for a reasonable price is the hardest part ... the swap in straightfoward but involved.

Been done, so it's not new territory. Good luck. :flag:

BLK_ROUSH said:
Not much. SHM and cheaper are never found in the same sentence. :D

As for the swap ... popular swap for a lot of SOHC guys going to the DOHC.
Good forum to ask questions or sites 1, 2. But, be prepared for a lot of 'oh, by the way' purchases to make it work. Good point of contact .... Race Rat
Some swaps are putting the 03/04 long block behind autos. Finding the long block for a reasonable price is the hardest part ... the swap in straightfoward but involved.

Been done, so it's not new territory. Good luck. :flag:
Any idea how to register on that forum...all I get is a login script.

edit: n/m..the mouseovers are just off by an inch..you have to click above the word "register" where there's no text