99-00 center console swap

Stangdriver13

Jul 31, 2006
Has anyone ever swapped there 99-00 console for an 01-04 console? Was thinking about doing this just don't know if it can be done directly or if some slight modifications to the consoles will have to be done. My car is a 00 Gt so i have fog lights and will prolly just take out the coin bezel for the fog light switch. I have charcoal leather interior so will the 00 int match an 01-04 int?Also if someone has done this how hard was it and how much. Found some consoles on ebay prolly spend $70 including shipping and will do it myself. Any input appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

wiring isn't really a big problem, like i said i will prolly take out the coin bezel in place for my fog light switch. So most of the wiring should just be repluging in connectors. Do you know how hard it is to take out the console? Would it be easier to take out one of the seats or both?

To remove the console just put a flat head screwdriver at the top center, and pry out (it will pop out). Then go to the sides, left and right, and they will pop out. then when u pop the bottom last the whole thing should come out. When you re-install. Do the reverse order... make sure u put the bottom back in fist, then snap in teh sides, and then the top last. Thats how mine is on my 02 GT. I'd imagine they are all the same.

Are you talking about the center console where the arm rest is? Where the ebrake and cup holders are because that is the part i would want to replace. It seems to me you are talking about the console around the stereo and a/c controls? Let me know if I'm mistaken but I definitely figured the console has to be bolted to the floor somewhere along with an array of clips. sorry for any confusion should have specified better.

Stangdriver13 said:
That is why i was asking if taking out a seat may be easier to do the swap

No need to take the seats out. It is pretty easy to move the console. It has been a while for me, but I remember you just need to remove the shift bezel, and the glove box liner. From there, you will see the few screws that hold it in place.