99 -04 VS 05 - 08 ?????

I love the 05 thru 08 Stang. I'm also looking to buy one. I did drive a 08GT around the Kansas Speedway about a month ago. It was more refined than the previous car. Even though it was a auto, it had great power. I want a 5 speed. Hydraulic clutches aren't that bad. I have one in my Mazda B4000. It does take less effort to engage it. I know some people don't like that. I love the way that 3 valve motor sounds even with the stock exhaust system. Good luck with what ever decision you make. Pearl02.

• Sponsors (?)

:rolleyes::rlaugh:

One thing that just popped into my pea brain is that I have an '05 Focus also. In '05 they changed the clutch in the '05 Mustangs to a hydraulic clutch. Did they do the same to the 5 speed '05 Focus also? That would explain the reason I can't drive that car for squat. I absolutely hate that clutch. I luv the clutch in my Mach.

+1

Um yeah....
http://forums.stangnet.com/759374-guess-my-03-mach-1s-weight.html

EPIK 's mach weighted in @3,350:shrug:
btw my 98 gt vert only weighted in @ 3540 w/ me in it and a full tank.:shrug:

My car has weight reduction & added weight & only a 1/4 tank....But it still should only weigh 3,465 lbs with a full tank & in bone stock trim....

Lets please not turn this thread into the huge argument with TGJ that it did a while back...

I have driven an 07 Roush 427R, & although the ride quality was great, & it had alot of power for a stock car, I didnt like the feel of the car & I felt like I was in a lincoln Mark 8 with more power.... I like the raw feeling of my Fox & my Mach personally, but they do beat up my lower back on long drives...Maybe Im getting old LOL!!!!

I wouldnt mind owning an S197 one day, but I would only consider a Shelby GT500, Saleen, or the Saleen Parnelli Jones edition....The Roush's are OK, but Im not fond of the Aussie look of the front fascia with 9 million foglights....

In my humble opinion

New Car > Older car.

I could care less about the performance aspects of where the center of gravity is, how fat the ass end is, if the V6 version looks like a whale feeding when it drives down the road, etc.

FOr me...nothing beats driving a brand spanking new car.

In my humble opinion

New Car > Older car.

I could care less about the performance aspects of where the center of gravity is, how fat the ass end is, if the V6 version looks like a whale feeding when it drives down the road, etc.

FOr me...nothing beats driving a brand spanking new car.

Your right. There's nothing like the feel of a new car. Pearl02.

I think I will trade my car in for an s197 after the 2010s come out. Then I should be able to get the 05+ stang for around 15k or less. I just like the fact they make power a lot easier then are cars. I have a buddy that is putting out 425+ rwhp on his stock 3v automatic.

From any and every Technical aspect.....S197 > any other Mustang built before it.

From a personal aspect....it's really a matter of preference. But please lets not have anyone here under the false impression that the earlier SN95 or Fox in stock trim performance wise is anywhere near compatible...because it isn't!

I think I will trade my car in for an s197 after the 2010s come out. Then I should be able to get the 05+ stang for around 15k or less. I just like the fact they make power a lot easier then are cars. I have a buddy that is putting out 425+ rwhp on his stock 3v automatic.

if you look, you can find GTs now for about $15k. one ad in the classifieds her has a low mileage GT for around that price. it has been a while since i looked at the ad, but it was very close to that price. take some time and look. you can find the deals now.

edit, here is the thread: http://forums.stangnet.com/737690-2005-mustang-gt-reduced-16-000-a.html

99-04 4V's are just as easy to make power with as the 3V's....Its the 2V's & the 96-98 Cobra's that are alot harder to make equivalent....

I love them all! If I had tons of cash I would get one of each! :D
I really like the new Stangs and love the 3V but I have put too much time and money into my '99 to get rid of her now. I personally like the way new edge stangs look the most.

I was so disappointed by the 05+. I think it looks fat and ugly. The big lights in the grill on the GT look like someone squashed them in as an afterthought. They dont fit at all (the v6 looks way better). No IRS was a major disappointment for me also.

If I was in the market for a new stang it would be an terminator or a Mach 1. But if I had to choose 05+ or 99+ I'd stick with my current car. I couldn't love a car I think is ugly even though it would be faster.

stock eh ..... :scratch: If I was wanting to take on another payment, I'd get myself into an 05-08, but then I'd have to start the whole process again. In terms of 2v's not making power, that's just simply not true. Sure they are valve-challenged, but given the right choice of mods and a good tune, they'll make great power. Plenty of 450-600+ 2v's running around in Georgia and surrounding areas. To me, my car has been where I wanted it for the longest time and it still puts a smile on my face when I burn through a quick $4 with some highway play. At the end of the day, there is always something better, but she's paid for and still taking the abuse without complaining.