99 Cobra Convertible Rear Seat Delete Questions...

TXJUGGERNAUT

Oct 24, 2008
Im sure this is a question that has been asked a 1,000 times but ill ask again :(

I have a 99 Cobra Convertible and have always hated the rear seat. I wanted to Delete it but at the same time kinda add some style with a Subwoofer or 2.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer currently putting out anything nice for this year model?

Most of them recommend NOT putting a subwoofer into the delete kit... Should I be looking for a certain kind of kit?

I been out of the car parts game for about 4 - 5 years due to other interests, but im back! lol

• Sponsors (?)

American Muscle, but they do not have subwoofer cut outs. you would have to do that yourself or just build one yourself. there is a thread on how to fabricate that is a sticky in 4.6 tech. its under 4.6 tech threads (newbies here first). also the search function is your friend

American Muscle, but they do not have subwoofer cut outs. you would have to do that yourself or just build one yourself. there is a thread on how to fabricate that is a sticky in 4.6 tech. its under 4.6 tech threads (newbies here first). also the search function is your friend

Ya I read a couple past threads, but that was dated back to 2005... I was kinda curious if there was anything "new" I guess.

Make your own man. Thats what I did and the quality of mine was WAY better than any manufactured one. I dont know how many people asked me where I bought mine at becuase they said it fit and looked much better than theirs.

If you don't have the tools to make your own I'm sure a audio shop could build one for you too.

If you don't have the tools to make your own I'm sure a audio shop could build one for you too.

and fugg up your paint/interior moving **** in and out of your car.

i stay away from them

DEFINITELY +1 on making your own. its simple. I wish I had a vert too so I could make a second RSD writeup for that application. I am sure it would be similar.

The reason why most website warn against mounting subs in the RSD is because theyre not properly braced, or the board they use is too thin. If you happen to get in an accident, they could break away from the board and become projectiles.