99 Cobra/Magnaflow X-Pipe & Cat Back System

GScotty

May 16, 2005
Marysville, Wa
Installed 6-2-06
Completly replaced my stock 99 Cobra Exhaust with complete Magnaflow system.
MAG93335 Magnaflow Tru-X Crossover w/High Flow Converters
MAG15644 Magnaflow Catback system
I found the best on-line price at Complete Exhaust.com then my muffler shop
(Randy's Custom Exhaust) in Marysville, WA matched the prices. My Total installed price with labor was $947 before Wash State Tax.
The install went smooth, the system looks great & I am very happy with the sound. It is slightly louder then stock pipes at low RPM and gets louder as the RPM's go up. Just what I wanted..I have heard that it may get a little louder as I put some miles on the car.I do not know about H.P. gain as I have not dyno yet. It does feel strong. I have put about 60 miles on the car and over all I would highly recommend this system.
Scotty
99 Cobra
3.73 Gears
K & N CAI
Ebach Springs
Magnaflow X & Cat-back

• Sponsors (?)

Bassani x-pipe with magnaflow catbacks sound ooooh soo good!! I test drove a 97 cobra with that set up, and it is a bit loud, but it sure does pronounce itself. I got a lot of looks from everyone I passed. I have a MAC xpipe, and flowmaster 40 series on my current cobra.. and its nice but not as nice as the 97's setup.. Just my preferences... Saving money to buy bassani and maganflow.. :nice:

Three questions for you: 1) Does it feel like you lost any on the low end? 2) Does the X-Pipe hang a lot lower than the stock H-Pipe? 3) Was the install of the X-Pipe hard to match up to the stock headers?

GScotty said:
Installed 6-2-06
Completly replaced my stock 99 Cobra Exhaust with complete Magnaflow system.
MAG93335 Magnaflow Tru-X Crossover w/High Flow Converters
MAG15644 Magnaflow Catback system
I found the best on-line price at Complete Exhaust.com then my muffler shop
(Randy's Custom Exhaust) in Marysville, WA matched the prices. My Total installed price with labor was $947 before Wash State Tax.
The install went smooth, the system looks great & I am very happy with the sound. It is slightly louder then stock pipes at low RPM and gets louder as the RPM's go up. Just what I wanted..I have heard that it may get a little louder as I put some miles on the car.I do not know about H.P. gain as I have not dyno yet. It does feel strong. I have put about 60 miles on the car and over all I would highly recommend this system.
Scotty
99 Cobra
3.73 Gears
K & N CAI
Ebach Springs
Magnaflow X & Cat-back

Just wait... as you drive it more, it will get louder. I think Magnaflow puts something in their mufflers that need to burn off. In a couple of weeks, you will notice it get louder. :banana:

hersheyman said:
Three questions for you: 1) Does it feel like you lost any on the low end? 2) Does the X-Pipe hang a lot lower than the stock H-Pipe? 3) Was the install of the X-Pipe hard to match up to the stock headers?

Typically, you will lose a little torque due to the reduction in back pressure, but the hp gains are nice. And yes, the x-pipe does hang lower than the stock H. I have to avoid all speed bumps. :(

hersheyman said:
Hersheyman,
1--The car feels as strong low end as before but maybe the gain is in the new mufflers.
2--If the x-pipe is lower it is not much. I have pictures. One is posted in my garage & I have more at "[email protected]" if intertested.
3--the x-pipe to stock headers was perfect match.
But, If I read it right your car is prior to 99 and my system was designed specific for 99-01 Cobra.. Good luck

jbp99cobra said:
Just wait... as you drive it more, it will get louder. I think Magnaflow puts something in their mufflers that need to burn off. In a couple of weeks, you will notice it get louder. :banana:

Magnaflow packs fiberglass in thier mufflers that will blow out over time. I have no idea why. I have had mine on for about 4 months and it has definitly gotten louder.

cobra2798 said:
Magnaflow packs fiberglass in thier mufflers that will blow out over time. I have no idea why. I have had mine on for about 4 months and it has definitly gotten louder.
Not true. They use Rock Wool which is spun or extruded from molten volcanic rock. It does not "Blow Out" like fiberglass, but it will compact some from the pressure and this will cause the exhaust note to change some.

If you have ANY questions about Magnaflow products just send a PM to GNN60GT500 because he works for them!

U.M.