99 Gt Automatic Shift

• Sponsors (?)

I personally do not have any experience in shift kits, but you can et one from (for example) LRS for $80. This is their description:

Mustang shift kits give you the hard-launching, tire-blazing shifts you want, after just a few hours' work with basic hand tools

Like I said, I have experience with nor have I heard any reviews on them. However, what I do know is that tune would not only do everything a shift kit does, but it adds power too. The only way to get a tune is to buy a tuner. American Muscle.com sells the SCT tuner with free tunes for life from BAMA Performance. Along with having added performance from their tune, they turned my auto into an animal. Shifts hard and at the right RPM.

I personally do not have any experience in shift kits, but you can et one from (for example) LRS for $80. This is their description:

Like I said, I have experience with nor have I heard any reviews on them. However, what I do know is that tune would not only do everything a shift kit does, but it adds power too. The only way to get a tune is to buy a tuner. American Muscle.com sells the SCT tuner with free tunes for life from BAMA Performance. Along with having added performance from their tune, they turned my auto into an animal. Shifts hard and at the right RPM.

Have you experienced any drawbacks to tuning? I worry about running too rich or lean or something that will begin the domino effect of things needing repair from a different modification...

Personally, I had problems with detonation on the BAMA 91 race tune, but I live in a part of Texas that sees 100+ degree summers and a miserably 6000-6500 density altitude (both of which are an engines worst nightmare). Tunes also add a nice amount of ponies which is always a good thing :D