99 Gt Fog Lights

Bogdan

Oct 28, 2014
Hey everyone, first post here for me. I'm not sure if there's already a thread about this because everything I've seen so far are just replacement lights. But anyways, I have a 99 Mustang GT and it has a button for the fog lights in the interior that lights up, though I don't see anywhere where the fog lights attach in the bumper - there's no connectors or anything. I suspect the previous owner replaced the bumper. Anyone know what I can do to get some working fog lights, maybe a full kit? Thanks everyone.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey there Bodgan, I doubt there is a thread that answers this question because I had this same problem when I got my car and I couldn't find anything on it. My car had one fog light and the other was missing. There was a connector just hanging behind the bumper so I figured I'd buy a new fog and throw it on, but as it turned out, there was no way to attach it as I had seen in fog light replacement videos where it seemed like the 3 bolts just screwed into the bumper. I figured I'd go last resort and just buy a couple nuts and bolts and just remove the bumper to attach it and that's when I figured it out. The way to attach the fog light to the bumper was with speed nuts! You'll want to look for a u type speed nut and get 3 of them, matching bolts and a washer (a lock washer to if you feel like it). Let me know if this helps.

I believe this is the OE type speed nuts that ford uses, so I recommend getting these ones:
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d....oap?ck=Search_N0235_-1_-1&pt=N0235&ppt=C1965