99 Mustang Cobra Dyno

hawaiimuscle

Jun 25, 2019
Oahu, HI
Hey guys, first post to this forum, been lurking for a while now.

Anyways, I recently bought a 99 cobra with a few mods in it. The guy I bought it from never got it tuned because out here in oahu there's like maybe 1 or 2 guys who can actually tune a mustang and I have no idea how to get a hold of them.

My question is, should I keep trying to find someone to tune my car? Or, should I put her on a dyno, get datalogs and have it E-tuned?

Thx for any imput you might have

• Sponsors (?)

Thats a good one, personally I would do whatever i could to cut out the middle man... You could do a standalone ECU or even learn to tune the car yourself... lets see...... this guy should be able to get you started with the stuff to buy to deal with the stock ECU..
I gave him some help with his 99 figuring out what tables to adjust @Onesick99GT

Hi @hawaiimuscle ,
You have a couple different options depending on what you want to do. If your looking to tune it yourself the cost can get a bit expensive and the learning curve can take some time but is far more rewarding. The cost can range around 700 for the software from SCT. If you don't have a tuner you will need to purchase one adding to the cost. You will need one of these either way you go, even if you take it to a dyno they will ask you to buy one. There is a company near where I live that does tuning virtually. There pretty reputable too and easy to work with. They have helped me out a few times and even gave me a base tune when I bought the software from them to start from. First off what mods do you have to the car?