99 Mustang P0340 Code Help

Chrisxsvt

Active User
Feb 7, 2017
I have a 1999 mustang just swapped it with a 2002 mustang engine v6 ( sad I know) camshaft position sensor code comes up (only code I get) read some post took my alternator to auto zone for testing it passed read at 130 amps so I switched my camshaft synchronizer with the old one off my 99 ran normal for like 5 minutes then code came back. It runs sluggish and idles high give me what you got !

:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

I've seen lots of guys say that they've fixed this by putting a new set of factory wires on. A few even mentioned Jacobs wires although I think one of those ended up going factory replacements as well.

The cam sensor can cause it to run rough if it isn't installed correctly I believe. I was getting the same code on my old V6 F150.

@wmburns
I believe so too I'm not sure how to adjust it or where it should sit exactly so I honestly just threw it on how it was also one more thing that it's starting to do is when I try to start the engine it won't start right up it turns but not on I have to open the throttle think it might be my tps? Only getting one code still with is cam sensor