A buddy of mine is wandering whts the easyest way to get 400RWHP out of a 2.3T?

project91 said:
have you ever heard of power:weight?

yeah...

if you want 400rwhp for road racing you need to watch out for the torque curves. peak torque is usually higher than hp on svo's (depending on turbo/trim). and peak torque does come in the 3,650-4,200 RPM range (still depends on turbo/trim). for road racing... youd want that peak torque higher in the powerband (4,500-5,000 RPM or so)

Hey flame me all you want but atleast my idea didn't envolve straping a bottle onto a road race car :rolleyes:

At any rate it all depends on what type of road racing he is doing when it comes to picking a motor to use. Here is a link to Silver horse Racing who Marcello uses a 93' 2.3L N/A. If he has time he will help with any question this guy has about road racing any type of 2.3L(T). Now keep in mind this guy is a racer and may not comnpletely give away his secrets. I think he still post on TF and he maybe able to catch Marcello there as well.

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/

• Sponsors (?)

351wcoupe said:
Thats definately good advice those blades are sharp and it'll take your foot right off.

This reminds me of that guy who lost a turbo blade down the exhaust pipe:eek: He showd a pic on TF and you could see all the little fin points poking outwards on the DP :eek: Just thjink it it would have shot out somewhere :D