A/C Compressor Clutch Fried?

di0de

Founding Member
Nov 9, 2002
Clarkton, NC
Hey all, curious if anyone can assist with an aching problem. Recently had to replace the electric cooling fan in my car. I replaced it noticing a loud high pitched 'whine' producing white smoke coming from under the engine bay, passenger side.

Fan replaced and spinning, all things seemingly normal except the A/C still blows warm air--I also notice the compressor kicking on/off. Seeing coolant is low, we hooked up a gauge and add more. The loud whine returns again, blowing off white smoke like usually. With the meter showing I have enough R134a in my system, I still have warm air coming from my vents. In short, should I just replace my A/C compressor? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Hey all, curious if anyone can assist with an aching problem. Recently had to replace the electric cooling fan in my car. I replaced it noticing a loud high pitched 'whine' producing white smoke coming from under the engine bay, passenger side.

Fan replaced and spinning, all things seemingly normal except the A/C still blows warm air--I also notice the compressor kicking on/off. Seeing coolant is low, we hooked up a gauge and add more. The loud whine returns again, blowing off white smoke like usually. With the meter showing I have enough R134a in my system, I still have warm air coming from my vents. In short, should I just replace my A/C compressor? Thanks!

yes