A/C Compressor/clutch noise, already fixed under warranty...it's back

AMX390

Jul 2, 2005
Austin, TX
Posted this on another forum, but the problem persists.

This noise only pops up during the summer (I assume it's heat related), tends to show up quicker while I'm in traffic (again heat), only happens with the a/c on, and was supposedly fixed under warranty 20,000 miles ago or about 2 years.

The dealership replaced the a/c compressor clutch, but not the compressor. The noise showed up shortly in August last year and went away until now...

It's a super loud screeching noise. It's so loud it scared the crap out of a woman I was driving by in a parking lot before the first time it was "fixed". I fear that the dealership didn't do any real research towards the problem as I told them I believed it was the a/c compressor clutch and lo and behold that's what they replaced.

Is this a common problem with SN95's? Anyone have insight on what it could be besides the clutch? Or has my clutch gone bad again and what could be causing it to go bad so quickly?

*Update*

Just had a brand new compressor, clutch, and accumulator installed by the dealership under warranty. This seemed to fix the problem until I was headed into work this morning and now the noise seems to be back. Right now it's just the clutch sounding like it's engaging improperly, which is a short high pitched air release noise.

Definitely could use some insight into getting this problem fixed. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)