A/c Delete 1983 Mustang

WRseXy

Jul 5, 2013
Saskatoon
I am looking to delete the A/C on my 1983 Mustang GT. From what I have read I need to buy a delete kit and I'll need a power steering pump bracket from a newer 5.0L. Can anyone verify this? The information I have found is not very clear.
Thanks
Danyelle

• Sponsors (?)

Save your money and use it on something that will provide a real performance gain like 3.55 or 3.73 rear end gears or an 87-88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe rear axle. The A/C compressor doesn't draw any HP when it isn't running and only weighs about 15 lbs.

Save your money and use it on something that will provide a real performance gain like 3.55 or 3.73 rear end gears or an 87-88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe rear axle. The A/C compressor doesn't draw any HP when it isn't running and only weighs about 15 lbs.

I am aware of this and I'm not looking to gain HP , just looking to clean up my engine bay.

When I did my a/c delete I bought the ford racing brackets that move the power steering pump up where the a/c compressor was. All it really is, is a bracket for a non a/c car. Does your car have 1 serpentine belt?

yes just one belt but from what I am reading there is a difference in the power steering bracket in the early 80's stangs. It does not allow the ford racing kit to work without switching out the power steering bracket to a newer one. I was hoping someone here had done the delete on an 83 or older that could confirm this.