A/C questions

joshjwc9

Jun 12, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Ok, on my way home from Ft. Myers, about a 3 hour drive, I use the ac until my nuts are frozen which then I turn it off.

The entire trip is highway and im crusing at about 80 the whole way.

I get hot about 30 minutes after I turn off the ac and go to turn it on and it blows outside air, not heat or ac, on me. I'm like WTF?

So, I drive like that til the off ramp and turn it on again and it works perfectly..

So what is the deal? At a certain speed the ac idler clutch thing wont engage?

The a/c has worked perfectly in the two other trips I have made today after I got home.

Plus I got 24mpg at in between 80 and 90 on the interstate!

• Sponsors (?)

Hey I live in Holiday too.... anyways, I had a similar problem, but all I had to do was recharge my A/C for it to work. Since, it worked again, that can't be it, maybe becasue your engine was hot. I know that if i turn my A/C on within a couple of min. of turning the car on, it gets cold quick.... however, if its hot in the engine bay, it takes quite a bit longer to cool down.

Hey I live in Holiday too.... anyways, I had a similar problem, but all I had to do was recharge my A/C for it to work. Since, it worked again, that can't be it, maybe becasue your engine was hot. I know that if i turn my A/C on within a couple of min. of turning the car on, it gets cold quick.... however, if its hot in the engine bay, it takes quite a bit longer to cool down.

Same here, it will take awhile but i prolly drove an hour with the a/c on norm and high speed with the same temp air as outside blowing thru the vents.

Running to dinner it was ice cold, IDK what it could be..

See you around!

well you know me when you see it, I'm the ONLY black mustang GT with hood pins(hood almost flew off on me so I had to install them) a .357 Mag Smith and Wesson front license plate, and it say "Pacifica" right under the GT logo on the back of the trunk.... I almost forgot.. I have a really really loud exhaust too.:nice: